Skin Cancer Prevention
Keep your skin Radiant and Healthy
At Goodless Dermatology, we provide an integrated Primary Skin Cancer Prevention program that aims at educating our patient about the best practices for skin cancer prevention. The program includes recommendations on healthy lifestyle choices, nutrition optimization and skin protection from the aggressive environment.
Outdoor physical activity is best when it’s performed with a strong preventive mindset to minimize possible skin conditions caused by excessive sun exposure. Investing your time into learning the best practices for skin cancer prevention will improve your life quality no worse than active lifestyle.
Contact us today to learn more about our Primary Prevention program and how it can help you to keep your skin healthy for life. Give us a call at (407) 566-1616 or book an appointment through our secure online form.
The Tips For Skin Cancer Prevention
Healthy habits are vital for maintaining your overall health. Even though you may not see results overnight, following these rules will make a huge impact over time.
- Avoid sun exposure between 12p.m. and 4p.m.;
- Wear sunscreen that has 30 SPF or higher and apply it to all exposed parts of your body, including ears, lips, and toes;
- Wear sun-protective clothing with long sleeves;
- Wear wide-brimmed hats that protect your face, ears and neck;
- When spending time outdoors, reapply sunscreen every 2 hours or immediately after swimming or excessive sweating;
- Forget about tanning beds – it’s nothing but dangerous fad;
- Take extra measures for sun protection in case you’re spending time near sand, water or snow;
- Wear sunglasses that block UVA and UVB rays;
- Perform regular self-checks of your skin;
- Visit dermatologist for skin screening at least once a year;
- Learn the ABCDEs of skin cancer.
It’s never too early to start with healthy skin care habits. In the aggressive urban environment, the only way to keep your skin young-looking and healthy is following the rules for protection we described above. Also, it is important not to be lazy and moisturize your skin every day along with the proper diet that helps it to restore better.